1/2 Photos of Sourdough Rye and Onion Rolls (Pistolet Style)
2 hrs 16 mins
Red Apple Guy's Note:
A sourdough variation of Traditional French Pistolets - Little Onion and Rye Bread Rolls. Preparation time doesn't include the starter preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g sourdough starter (1/4 cup)
- 45 g bread flour (1/3 cup)
- 125 g rye flour (1 cup)
- 175 g water (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 onion (finely chopped)
- 1Mix sponge and let ferment overnight at room temp (72F).
- 2Mix all other ingredients and let sit for 5 to10 minutes.
- 3Knead for 10 minutes.
- 4Stretch the dough and fold letter-style from top to bottom and side to side.
- 5Cover and let rise until 1 1/2 times its volume (about 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- 6Divide into 12 even pieces (80 g each) and shape into balls.
- 7Dust the balls lightly with flour (I use a sifter).
- 8Press a straight spoon handle or dowel into the rolls to divide the rolls but not completely into two pieces.
- 9Cover rolls with oiled plastic and let rise until 50% larger (abut 30 minutes).
- 10Preheat oven to 375F and bake for 8 minutes then rotate 180°F Bake another 8 minutes or until 200F internally.
- 11Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Rye and Onion Rolls (Pistolet Style)
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 439.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: