Recipe by Dea
I love pumpkin and I love using my sourdough starter so this recipe combines both. It is a good bread and can be frosted with either a simple glaze or cream cheese frosting if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups Bisquick
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, heaping
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Combine sugars, bisquick, cinnamon, pie spice and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs.
- Stir in sourdough starter and then remaining ingredients.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Taking care not to over blend.
- Pour into prepared pans and let rest at least 15 minutes.
- Bake for aprox.
- 40 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool out of the pans on a wire rack.
- I slice this bread after it has cooled and freeze some of the slices as it thaws beautifully.