1/1 Photo of Sourdough Popovers from King Arthur Flour
Bonnie G #2's Note:
I did a search and couldn't find this recipe so I'm posting. Here's what KAF has to say about them. "With only five ingredients, this recipe means you can have popovers mixed up and ready to go into the oven as soon as it's heated up. Half an hour later — hot popovers! The sourdough starter gives them just the slightest tang. And, while these aren't the lightest popovers you'll ever experience, their combination of crisp crust and soft interior is a wonderfully comforting treat." Made these using the muffin pan process as don't have my popover pan here in Trinidad and a fed starter, not as pretty - but did pop up so nice and the texture was lovely with just a hint of sourdough. If you try them hope you enjoy as much as we did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the microwave or in a small saucepan, warm the milk until it feels just slightly warm to the touch.
- 2Combine the warm milk with the eggs, sourdough starter and salt, then mix in the flour. Don't over-mix; a few small lumps are OK. The batter should be thinner than a pancake batter, about the consistency of heavy cream.
- 3Heat a muffin or popover pan in the oven while it's preheating to 450°F.
- 4Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven, and spray it thoroughly with non-stick pan spray, or brush it generously with oil or melted butter. Quickly pour the batter into the cups, filling them almost to the top. If you're using a muffin tin, fill cups all the way to the top. Space the popovers around so there are empty cups among the full ones; this leaves more room for expansion.
- 5Bake the popovers for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven heat to 375°F and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until popovers are golden brown.
- 6Remove the popovers from the oven and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Popovers from King Arthur Flour
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 346.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: