Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Suggestions for use: Pizza Margherita Pizza Margherita. Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza. Pizza/Pasta Sauce In Search of the Ultimate Spaghetti/Pizza/Pasta Sauce. Grilled PIzza Grilled Pizza (Using Grilling Pizza Pan).
- Blend together the dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Pour in sourdough starter and olive oil and start machine; adding additional water and flour as needed.
- Knead for approximately 6-8 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Remove from bowl and form into 1 ball if baking pizza or 2 balls if grilling.
- Place dough in bowl(s) that have been sprayed with non-stick, turning once to coat the top.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours (depending on your starter and the temperature of your kitchen).
- DO NOT PUNCH DOWN DOUGH.
- Dredge hands in flour and remove dough.
- Holding one edge of dough in the air with both hands and letting bottom touch work surface, carefully move hands around edge of dough (like turning a steering wheel), allowing weight of dough to stretch round to roughly 10 inches.
- Lay dough flat on lightly floured pizza peel (or inverted cookie sheet) and continue to work edges with fingers and stretching into a 14-inch round (or two smaller circles).
- Assemble and bake the pizza according to your favorite recipe.
- Pizza Margherita Recipe #236789.
- Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza Recipe #244305.
- Pizza/Pasta Sauce Recipe #227656.
- Grilled PIzza Recipe #322248.
Very nice pizza crust. I did add about a tsp of Italian seasoning to the dough for some extra flavor, but other than that made as directed. It took mine the full 2 hours to double in size, but it was not the best day for dough rise around here today. Thanks GW. Made for a bonus tag in Pot Luck Tag game.