Donna M.'s Note:
A quick and easy way to use your sourdough starter. Yummy for breakfast or just a snack. Add a little grated orange or lemon zest for a burst of citrus flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar.
- 2Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture remsembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in pecans.
- 4Add beaten egg to sourdough starter and add all at once to dry mixture, stirring with a fork just until mixed.
- 5Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Immediately upon removing from oven, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with with a mixture of the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- 8You could drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze instead of the cinnamon-sugar topping, if desired.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Pecan Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: