Recipe by Geema
You don't have to use sourdough...any artisan bread would be good. My favorite is crusty olive or roasted garlic. You can also add some chicken or shrimp to this salad instead of the canned tuna. It's just a delicious, healthy, versatile recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) artisan bread, but into 1 inch cubes... 5 cups
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (6 ounce) cansalbacore tuna in vegetable oil, drained and flaked
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 large head romaine lettuce, but corsswise into 1 inch strips (5 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Put the bread on a baking sheet and bake until crisp on the outside, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Toss the bread, beans, tuna, tomato, onion, parsley together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oil while constantly whisking the dressing.
- Pour this dressing over the other salad ingredients. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Toss in the lettuce and serve.