Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great pancakes made with Amish Friendship Bread Starter. I am always looking for new and creative ways to use my starter!!! These pancakes smell fabulous, and are a bit sweet with yeast flavors. I thought they were great with just butter on top. I sometimes add cinnamon or Apple Pie Spice and sub out apple butter for the oil. . .just an idea!
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml amish starter
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml oil (may sub applesauce)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml flour
- Beat the egg, then add in wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- If batter seems too thick, add more milk 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency.
- Preheat griddle pan to med-high, spray with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter onto griddle using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
- Once pancake looks set around the edges and a few bubbles are coming up thru the middle of the pancake, turn it over and cook another minute or two until done.
- Serve hot with butter.
Thank you for another recipe for my starter these were easy to make , added peaches and a little cinnamon and sugar to the batter and they family loved them ! Perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast !
I just received some Amish Friendship starter from a co-worker and today was the first day I could use it. I decided to make pancakes since my bf just made banana bread last night.
I substituted buttermilk for regular milk to give it a bit more flavor (as if it needed any!), but followed the directions other than that. I would've liked them to have raised a bit more so next time I might add just a little more baking powder. We had these with maple syrup and I'm thinking they'd be even better with fruit. Thanks for a great recipe!
Great way to use up some of your starter if you don't give batter away. I liked them, you can definitely taste the sour dough but its also very sweet- fun for a change. We just cant top our normal pancakes from The Joy of Cooking cook book, otherwise if I need to use up some friendship starter I may do this again- Thanks!