Recipe by JanuaryBride
These are great pancakes made with Amish Friendship Bread Starter. I am always looking for new and creative ways to use my starter!!! These pancakes smell fabulous, and are a bit sweet with yeast flavors. I thought they were great with just butter on top. I sometimes add cinnamon or Apple Pie Spice and sub out apple butter for the oil. . .just an idea!
Top Review by Smada5
Thank you for another recipe for my starter these were easy to make , added peaches and a little cinnamon and sugar to the batter and they family loved them ! Perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast !
- 1 egg
- 1 cup amish starter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil (may sub applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg, then add in wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- If batter seems too thick, add more milk 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency.
- Preheat griddle pan to med-high, spray with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter onto griddle using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
- Once pancake looks set around the edges and a few bubbles are coming up thru the middle of the pancake, turn it over and cook another minute or two until done.
- Serve hot with butter.