1/1 Photo of Sourdough Pancakes
8 hrs 25 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
I recently tried Bergy's sourdough starter (Sourdough Bread Starter, which is great, btw!) and have been looking for ways to use it. This recipe is from a cookbook of sourdough recipes I bought to help me out (recipe is adapted from Patricia Duncan). If you don't have your starter yet, plan on this several days in advance, so you have time to make the starter (which is very easy!). These pancakes are slightly thin, so if you want them thicker, add a little flour until you get the consistency you like. I like them thin myself.
My Private Note
thin pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1The night before, stir your sourdough starter and remove one cup.
- 2Place the 1 cup of starter in a glass or stoneware bowl at least 6 cups in size (don't use plastic or metal bowls for this- they give off flavors to the batter).
- 3Stir in the 2 cups of tepid water, the flour, and the sugar until smooth.
- 4Cover lightly (you can use plastic wrap but don't seal off the air going into the bowl) and place in a non-drafty place and allow to sit overnight.
- 5The next morning, remove one cup of the batter and pour it back into the mother starter (what you removed this from in the first place; you should keep this refrigerated).
- 6Start to heat your griddle (heat to 370F), oiling it lightly if needed.
- 7Stir the egg, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and melted butter into the batter.
- 8Drop by 1/4-cupfuls onto the hot griddle and flip them with a spatula when they bubble and get golden on the underside.
- 9Keep pancakes warm while finishing the others.
- 10Serve pancakes hot with butter and syrup, if desired.
- 11You can also easily make blueberry pancakes with this; just dust them with a little flour before folding into the pancake batter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (959 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 112.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: