Recipe by Aroostook
This recipe uses a cup of sour dough starter. What a great start to the day! =)
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I made as directed and was pleased with the results; they were plenty sweet enough for us - maybe even a little to much after adding warm maple syrup. Went together easy, with good directions. Puffed up nice and had a soft texture with a good sourdough flavor.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before: Mix 1 cup starter with the flour and milk in a large, nonreactive bowl.
- Place the bowl in a warm place, cover and let it stand until morning.
- When ready to cook add egg, oil, salt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, to sour dough Mix well Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium heat (375*F- 190*C).
- Griddle is ready when a few drops of water skitter.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until surface is covered with bubbles and appear dry around the edges.
- Turn until the other side is golden brown.