Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe for pancakes uses the sourdough starter. From The Juniour League of Austin's cookbook Necessities and Temptations. Prep time does not include letting sit overnight or making starter.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix together sourdough starter, water and flour.
- Cover bowl and allow to stand at room temperature overnight.
- Whisk in eggs, sugar, oil, milk and baking soda.
- Let batter stand 10 minutes.
- Using hotter griddle than usual, make pancakes.
We thoroughly enjoyed these pancakes. Reading the previous comments about the mixture being on the thin side, I excluded the milk. Next time, though, I would add a bit of salt. I cut the recipe in half and got 10 small pancakes....perfect for 4 adults and 2 small children. I would do this one again
I was looking for a new way to use my sour dough starter and decided to try these. I did have to work with them for a while to get the right cooking temp, but they were good and we really did enjoy them. This is a great recipe when you have a crowd you want to feed. It does make up quite a pile of pancakes.
just got my starter up and running and was looking for ways to use up starter