Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Alex Guarnaschelli's Cooking Loft on Food Network. Serve with Pear-Date Compote.
Make and share this Sourdough Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Stir yeast and warm water together. Let stand until foamy.
- Heat milk and butter in a saucepan until butter is melted and milk is warmed to about 120°F.
- Combine yeast mixture, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add half the milk mixture and whisk inches Add remaining milk and whisk in thoroughly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for an hour.
- Add eggs, salt and spices and beat well.
- Fry pancakes, about 1/3 cup per pancake, until golden brown on both sides. Flip when bubbles form and set in center. (If the batter is too runny, add another tablespoon or two of flour.).