Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 hrs
From a friend of the family, Shirley Carleson.
Make and share this Sourdough Pancake and Waffle Recipe (Shirley's) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups water, warm (90 degrees)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (for pancakes, use 4 T for waffles)
- 1⁄4 cup instant milk or 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine starter, water and flour in large bowl. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and set in warm place (80 degrees) for 12 hours.
- Put 1 cup of the starter back in your sourdough starter pot and keep refrigerated. To whatever is left, add egg, cooking oil and dry milk.
- In small bowl, combine salt, baking soda and sugar. Sprinkle over batter and fold in gently. Let rest 5 minutes. Drop by tablespoonfulls to make dollar size pancakes (these pancakes require a hotter griddle than other pancakes).
This recipe makes very hearty sourdough pancakes and is an excellent basic recipe that would be excellent with blueberries or other fruit. I served these with warmed maple syrup. Made for *My 3 Chefs*