Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from Southern Living which my family has "tweaked" over the years.
- 8 cups sourdough bread, cubed (about 8 slices)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 5 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dozen oysters, shucked, drained and coarsely chopped (8 ounce container)
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until dry and golden.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute the onions, celery and garlic for 6-8 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the salt, pepper and oysters and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, oyster mixture, bacon, parsley and artichokes and toss well.
- Spoon the dressing into a lightly greased 11 X 17 baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.