1/3 Photos of Sourdough Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
These muffins are moist and delicious, even when a few days old. They are quick and easy to make when you want to revitalize your sourdough starter but don’t have time to make bread. Adapted from The Sourdough Cookbook by Rita Davenport which is out of print
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2In a medium bowl, combine rolled oats and milk. Set aside to soak.
- 3Grease 12 muffin cups; set aside.
- 4Stir sourdough starter, oil, egg and raisins into soaked oats; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Add oats mixture.
- 6Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened; don't over mix.
- 7Divide batter among the 12 cups.
- 8Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove promptly from muffin cups.
- 9Can be served hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: