1/2 Photos of Sourdough Oatmeal Muffins
These are not the cake like muffins. They are hearty, moist muffins that will stick with you throughout the morning. A bowl of cranberry oats in a muffin. Top these off with orange marmelade for a great breakfast treat. Please note: When baking with sourdough please remember that you may need to do some adjustments with the amount of flour used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml flour (I use 1/2 white flour and 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour.)
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 59.14 ml Splenda brown sugar blend, or
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 9.85 ml orange extract or 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml sourdough starter, freshly fed
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 1In a blender container or food processor bowl, mix together the flours, brown sugar, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- 2In large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, oil and extract; stir in the sourdough starter.
- 3Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture; stirring just to moisten ingredients.
- 4Mix in the orange zest and dried cranberries; the batter will be a thick muffin batter.
- 5Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and fill about 2/3 full; allow dough to rest while oven preheats.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 degrees and when heated, bake muffins for 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Oatmeal Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 238.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: