1/1 Photo of Sourdough Nut Batter Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
Donna M.'s Note:
No kneading is required for this bread. Beat either by hand or with an electric mixer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure the starter into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Melt butter; add milk and warm to 85 degrees F.
- 3Add the salt and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 4Add this mixture to the starter and mix well.
- 5Stir in nuts, raisins, and spices.
- 6Add the flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing vigorously for 1 minute or so between cups.
- 7Grease a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch loaf pan and spoon batter into pan.
- 8Proof, covered, at 85 degrees F for 1 to 2 hours, or until dough rises 1/2 inch above the edge of the pan.
- 9Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 10Bake for about 45 minutes.
- 11Remove loaf from pan and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Nut Batter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (774 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2602.1
- Calories from Fat 611
- Total Fat 67.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 3031.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 452.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.3 g
- Sugars 115.8 g
- Protein 59.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: