Recipe by Donna M.
No kneading is required for this bread. Beat either by hand or with an electric mixer.
Top Review by heartnurse2006
I needed to use up some sourdough starter, so I thought I would give this a try. It rose beautifully, but I was not fond of the taste. I like a sweeter raisin bread, I may try to make again, adding a lot more cinnamon and sugar. Will update when I do.
- 473.18 ml proofed sourdough starter
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 709.77 ml bread flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the starter into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter; add milk and warm to 85 degrees F.
- Add the salt and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add this mixture to the starter and mix well.
- Stir in nuts, raisins, and spices.
- Add the flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing vigorously for 1 minute or so between cups.
- Grease a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch loaf pan and spoon batter into pan.
- Proof, covered, at 85 degrees F for 1 to 2 hours, or until dough rises 1/2 inch above the edge of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan and cool on wire rack.