Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Another overnight casserole for a special breakfast. I really like the addition of the cream of mushroom soup in this one. Makes for a creamy dish!
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb maple flavored sausage
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam.
- cube and cook sausages; drain and set aside.
- Cube sourdough bread and spread in pan.
- Spread sausage and cheese over bread.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs; mix eggs and soup on high speed of electric mixer until well combined; add milk and mix on low till combined.
- Pour mixture over cheese.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Uncover and bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour.
Thanks for sharing this incredible recipe. I am always looking for something new and good when my children visit from North Carolina and Virginia,(I live in Chicago). I like the idea of making it the night before because that gives me more time in the morning to spend with the family and I also like how nice it warms in the microwave, just like fresh!! With a fruit salad and homemade coffeecake, it made a great breakfast. I doubled the soup and eggs for a larger crowd and it was perfect. Will be making it for the holidays again, going to be a family favorite.
Had been looking for a breakfast casserole for the camp that wasn't so rich and this one filled the bill. I used plain sausage because we don't care for the maple flavor in our sausage and bacon and it was still wonderful. Thank you. Margie