1/2 Photos of Sourdough Malt Beer Bread
Donna M.'s Note:
Experiment with different beers in this bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sourdough Build: Mix the first four ingredients together. Cover loosely and let sit at room temperature for 12 to 16 hours.
- 2Dough: Measure out 2 cups of the sourdough build mixture (discard extra).
- 3Add beer, salt, sugar and butter.
- 4Mix in the flours.
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and satiny.
- 6Cover dough and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- 7Shape into desired loaf--freeform or pan loaf.
- 8Proof, covered, until dough doubles in size. this may take several hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 375°.
- 10Slash loaf with a very sharp blade.
- 11Bake for 30 to 50 minutes, depending on shape of loaf.
- 12Remove from pan (if used) and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Malt Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 306.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: