Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes need to be started the night before.
- 1⁄2 cup sourdough starter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening (or oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda (more if sourdough is very sour)
- Night Before: Combine the ingredients and set aside.
- Morning: Combine the rest of the ingredients except baking soda and add to the flour mixture. Just before ready to make, add the baking soda.
- Bake on a hot griddle.