Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
This is not your mama's stuffing - its modern, delicious and will make you want to dance.
- 6 cups sourdough bread, pieces
- 6 cups rye bread, pieces
- 3 cups red onions
- 1 cup frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup celery
- 3 cups portabella mushrooms
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces sausage (any flavor, spicy is better)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Separate raw sausage into bite size pieces, saute until golden brown.
- In large skillet, add olive oil(or butter), honey, onion, garlic, portabello mushrooms,celery,thawed brussell sprouts under medium heat until evenly mixed and cooked.
- Transfer all of the sautéed veggies to a large bowl, add both breads, pepper and any desired herbs as well as water water.
- With hands or spoons, mix everything evenly.
- Do a taste test, add more pepper, etc to your taste buds desire.
- Stuffing should be evenly moist, no dry areas. Sprinkle water where needed, do not over-water, shouldn't be drenched.
- Transfer to large coverable baking dish, bake at 375°F for 15 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered, until top gets slightly crunchy.