Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from http://www.traditional-foods.com/recipes/chocolate-cinnamon-muffins/ Really nice to sprinkle a little sugar on top halfway through baking.
- 338.32 ml sourdough starter
- 68.61 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 68.61 ml dark brown sugar (The sugar can be reduced in this recipe by as much as one half.)
- 68.61 ml molasses
- 1 egg
- 203.46 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.80 ml ginger
- 2.80 ml cinnamon
- 1.42 ml salt
- 2.80 ml baking soda
- 16.86 ml hot water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sift together flour, spices, and salt.
- Cream sugar and oil/butter until well blended.
- Add molasses and egg, beating continuously.
- Add four mixture to mixer in 3 additions. Mix well.
- Mix 2 tbs hot water with soda until soda is dissolved. Add to mixer and mix well.
- Gently mix in sourdough starter.
- Bake in greased muffin pans for about 15-20 minutes. The muffins are done when you poke them with a toothpick and the toothpick comes out clean.