Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from http://www.traditional-foods.com/recipes/chocolate-cinnamon-muffins/ Really nice to sprinkle a little sugar on top halfway through baking.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sift together flour, spices, and salt.
- Cream sugar and oil/butter until well blended.
- Add molasses and egg, beating continuously.
- Add four mixture to mixer in 3 additions. Mix well.
- Mix 2 tbs hot water with soda until soda is dissolved. Add to mixer and mix well.
- Gently mix in sourdough starter.
- Bake in greased muffin pans for about 15-20 minutes. The muffins are done when you poke them with a toothpick and the toothpick comes out clean.