Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
YUM, I just found this one today and it IS good. Garlic lovers will love this bread. Recipe from Sunset Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 loaves sourdough French bread, 1/2 lb eacj
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix the olive oil, garlic and parsley in a small bowl.
- Cut each loaf of bread crosswise into thirds, then cut each third in half horizontally.
- Brush or spoon garlic mixture generously on the cut side of each piece.
- Sprinkle each with the cheese.
- Place pieces, cheese side up, on a baking sheet and broil 8 inches from heat until well browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I halved the recipe for 6 of us. We thought this was tasty, but there was a little too much oil for our tastes. I will try this again, but won't use quite as much oil. Thanks for sharing!