Top Review by omnipadme
This was my 1st successful sourdough bread and its delish! (eating it right now). The only recommendation i have is to adjust the temperature to 375. It came out a little dark, but still amazing!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 59.14 ml water (110 to 115 F)
- 1064.65 ml unbleached flour, Unsifted
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml salt
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml sourdough starter
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and knead lightly and return to the bowl to rise until double.
- Turn out onto floured board and divide dough into two parts.
- Shape dough parts into oblongs and then roll them up tightly, beginning with one side.
- Seal the outside edge by pinching and shape into size wanted.
- Place loaves on greased baking sheet and let rise until double again.
- Make diagonal cuts on top of loaves with razor blade or VERY SHARP knife and brush lightly water for crisp crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes, or until brown and done.
- Also note the the serving sizes in all of these recipes is guesstamate.
- It all depends on the serving size you select.