1/4 Photos of Sourdough French Bread
3 hrs 40 mins
There is nothing like fresh bread and this is my version of my all time favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Kitchen Aide mixing bowl dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for 5-8 minutes.
- 2Add sourdough starter, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and cheese.
- 3With the paddle of the mixer, mix until well combined.
- 4Change to the dough hook.
- 5Add 4 cups of flour and knead for 7-8 minutes. (Add additional flour as needed).
- 6Coat a large bowl with olive oil.
- 7Turn the dough into the bowl and turn to coat.
- 8Cover and let sit until doubled in size (about an hour).
- 9Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
- 10Cut dough in half and roll out into an oval shape about 9X12.
- 11Beginning at the bottom edge, roll up and pinch seam
- 12Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 13Place the loaves on the sheet, seam side down.
- 14Make shallow slashes on top of the loaves with a sharp knif or razor blade.
- 15Cover and let rise until about double (about 30-40 minutes).
- 16Heat oven to 375.
- 17Place bread in the oven and spray the sides of the oven and the bread with water.
- 18Repeat this every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes.
- 19Continue baking for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 20Remove and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (809 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1202.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 1937.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 195.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 47.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: