Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This bread is so easy it's not mine I found it on the net and I have used it many times with various toppings
- 1 1⁄3 cups of refreshed sourdough starter
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use olive bit salad is ok)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon oil, for the top
- Combine the the above ingredients, kneading in flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Let rise till double, punch down, and kneed a little to let the gases out.
- Let the dough relax for 10 minutes or so .
- Roll the dough into an oval about 9x6 and place on your favourite baking surface.
- The dough should be about an inch thick.
- Make dents all over the surface of the dough.
- Pour on olive oil liberally and spread it all around. It will pool in the dents.
- Top with herbs and spices, and possibly parmesan.
- My favourite is fresh ground black pepper and coarsely ground salt,.
- Let rise until double again, and bake at 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes,or until brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Awesome recipe! I just recently started working with sourdough and this was one of my first successes with it! Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to try different toppings!
Fantastic focaccia bread. Easy with wonderful flavor and texture. Love it with pepper and salt on top.
The salt, pepper and parmagianno topping is perfect. I baked the focaccia for 17 minutes in my Kitchenaid convection oven.