1/2 Photos of Sourdough English Muffins
The website I found this on gives credit to chard, who posted it on the KAF Baking Circle. I used my discard sourdough starter when I was feeding it. My starter was still quite young, so I am sure an aged starter will only improve these english muffins. I made them with sugar this time, but will try honey next time. Please note the recipe uses all purpose white flour. If you wish to use whole wheat you may need to add some yeast. I cooked these with the temperature on my griddle set at 300. I did not grease it, although the recipe says you should. I had cut my muffins & had to go out, so they were covered & left to rise for about 3 hours & were fine. I made egg m_muffins with them this morning. My picky daughter gave them her thumbs up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Night Before:.
- 2Combine starter, 2 c flour & milk in a large bowl.
- 3Stir to combine, cover & let stand 8 hours or overnight.
- 4Baking Day:.
- 5Stir in sugar, salt & baking soda.
- 6Add the last 3/4 c flour.
- 7Knead for 4 - 5 minutes.
- 8Roll to 3/4" & cut into 4" rounds, knead scraps together & cut or shape last muffins.
- 9Place on cornmeal or semolina dusted wax paper, dust tops.
- 10Cover & let rise 1 - 2 hours.
- 11Heat lightly greased griddle/pan to medium heat, cook 6 - 10 minutes per side.
- 12Muffins should be a nice golden brown & cooked through.
- 13Cool on wire rack.
- 14Fork split & package.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.8
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: