Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Crusty dinner rolls with a sourdough tang.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sourdough starter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- To sourdough starter add sugar, salt and melted butter or margarine.
- Add beaten egg, 1 cup of flour and beat until smooth.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once, cover with a cloth, set in warm place free from drafts and let rise about 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and repeat process to allow dough to double in size again.
- Punch down dough and shape into desired rolls.
- Place rolls onto a greased baking sheet, set in a warm place free from drafts and let rise about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I think this recipe is great. It has never been t sticky for me, but I never measure out flour. I just pour, stir and repeat until it =s right.
terrible recipe. Not enough flour and the dough comes out very watery.