Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Our family "borrowed" this recipe from a friend that invited us over one Christmas Eve who served this excellent dish as an appetizer before dinner. The crab and shrimp do not monopolize the taste, yet serves as a great beginning to a wonderful meal. Cut the rounds into quarters for hors doeuvres. Accompany this rendition with sweet tea to put out the flames from the Tabasco Sauces.
- 1 (6 ounce) canbumblebee white crab meat, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) canbumblebee regular medium shrimp, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash seafood seasoning
- 6 English muffins, split into 12 halves
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 (5 ounce) bottleof tabasco brand red pepper sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) bottleof tabasco brand green hot pepper sauce
- Mix first ten ingredients together until blended.
- Top each English muffin half with 1/6th of the crab-shrimp mixture.
- Broil until golden brown on top.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Serve with Tabasco™ Brand Red Pepper or Tabasco™ Brand Green Pepper Sauce.