1/2 Photos of Sourdough Corn Fritters
I have made this recipe many times, and it is wonderful, especially if fresh corn is used instead of canned. This recipe is in "The sourdough cookbook", by Rita Davenport.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and milk powder: set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in sourdough starter, corn and onion. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened; set aside.
- 3Pour oil 3 inches deep in a medium skillet. Heat to 375 degrees. At this temperature, a 1 inch cube of bread will turn golden brown in 40 seconds.
- 4Carefully drop batter by Tablespoons full into hot oil. Fry 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or til golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Corn Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: