Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
One more way to use your starter! Sometimes I skip the topping and just drizzle white frosting over the top.
- Combine sourdough starter, oil and egg.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add to sourdough mixture.
- Put dough into greased 9 inch square pan.
- Crumble topping ingredients together (I use a pastry blender) and sprinkle topping on top of batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Lovely dense coffee cake, quick to fix and perfect with coffee or tea. We enjoyed how the topping sank into the cake in places. Used starter that I'd fed earlier in the day. Next time I'd bake only 30 minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very nice coffee cake uses up that one cup of starter I had left. Very sweet will cut back on sugar next time. Quick fix and I could see changing the spices/flavorings. Thank you for posting saving to make again.
The best coffee cake ever!!! I followed the directions in the recipe step by step; however, I did used kosher salt. I'm super excited to say that my midnight baking rendezvous was with my sourdough starter that I started last week and it was a success. I didn't have wait for anything to rise, after mixing everything together it was a go. Honestly, I was slightly concerned when I put the dough into the pan and it looked a little flat, but I still added the topping and placed my masterpiece into the oven.