Recipe by Donna M.
My favorite sourdough bread. I make this 2 or 3 times a month.
Top Review by Arnboat
This bread was great and I will be making it again. I spread butter and sprinkled cinnemon but forgot the sugar. It was still good. I used good bubbly starter and yet it still took 5 hours to rise with most of the rise coming in the last hour. Next time I will roll it tighter and not forget the sugar. We love this as toast even when just baked.
- 2 cups proofed sourdough starter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour (half bread flour and half all purpose flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ingredients into bread machine in the order in which they are listed.
- Run through the dough cycle but remove dough before it rests to rise.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a rectangle.
- Spread with softened or melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and a very generous amount of cinnamon.
- Roll up tightly, as for cinnamon rolls.
- Moisten edge with water and seal.
- Place in greased pan (s), cover and let rise until double.
- Be patient, as rising time is totally dependent on your starter and how active it is.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush tops with butter.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Note: You can make this into one large loaf, or several mini loaves.