Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
My favorite sourdough bread. I make this 2 or 3 times a month.
Make and share this Sourdough Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Put ingredients into bread machine in the order in which they are listed.
- Run through the dough cycle but remove dough before it rests to rise.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a rectangle.
- Spread with softened or melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and a very generous amount of cinnamon.
- Roll up tightly, as for cinnamon rolls.
- Moisten edge with water and seal.
- Place in greased pan (s), cover and let rise until double.
- Be patient, as rising time is totally dependent on your starter and how active it is.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush tops with butter.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Note: You can make this into one large loaf, or several mini loaves.
This bread was great and I will be making it again. I spread butter and sprinkled cinnemon but forgot the sugar. It was still good. I used good bubbly starter and yet it still took 5 hours to rise with most of the rise coming in the last hour. Next time I will roll it tighter and not forget the sugar. We love this as toast even when just baked.
I am a well seasoned baker, having owned my own bakery before I retired. I tried to make this bread today, with no success, threrefore~no stars. I followed the recipe exactly as written, using my very active 4 year old Alaskan Sourdough Starter. I got the bread into the pans and it never did rise. After waiting more than 5 hours, I finally decided to throw it out. WHAT A WAIST OF MY TIME and Quality Ingredients.
Just took loaf out of oven. Made a large loaf (baked for 45-50 minutes), baked perfectly. Husband and son both agreed, best cinnamon bread I've made. My son claims it tasted like a cinnabon. I thought the crust was excellent, light and crunchy. The crumb was tender, and the sour was not too overpowering. I think this recipe is a keeper!