1/4 Photos of Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sourdough makes everything wonderful and is for more than biscuits and bread. The rolls are easy to make. They are mixed with a Kitchenaid Mixer and only require 1 rise. These cinnamon rolls are delicious and can enjoyed warm right out of the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sourdough starter, freshly fed
- 1/4 warm water
- 1 teaspoon yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 2 -3 cups all-purpose flour (1/2 wheat can be used with the white)
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1Measure the sourdough starter into the large mixing bowl for a Kitchaid Mixer. Add the salt, sugar, melted butter, dry milk powder and eggs and with dough hooks, combine well.
- 2If using the yeast, add to 1/4 cup warm water and allow to stand 5 minutes and then add to the sourdough mixture.
- 3Gradually add the flour and wheat gluten till the dough forms a ball. It should be soft but not sticky.
- 4Turn out onto lightly floured surface and need until smooth and elastic, place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Allow to rise until double. The length of rise will depend upon how active your starter is and whether you used the commercial yeast.
- 5Punch dough down and roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 18 x 20 inch rectangle. Spread the dough with the softened butter and the brown sugar that has been mixed with the cinnamon. Sprinkle with the dried cranberries and chopped pecans.
- 6Starting on a narrow end, gently roll the dough into a log. Using a bread knife, slice the dough into 12 equal slices, place in a 9 x 12 inch pan.
- 7Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing the frosting.
- 8For the frosting, beat together all the ingredients except milk until light and fluffy. Add in enough milk to make an easy spreading consistency. Spread over the rolls and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 318.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: