1 hr 40 mins
Donna M.'s Note:
A fun way to use some of your sourdough starter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare chocolate mixture by placing chocolate in a small pan and adding hot water.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 3Add baking soda and mix-- mixture will foam.
- 4Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- 5Meanwhile, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 6Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- 7Add vanilla and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 8Add nuts, flour, salt and sourdough starter.
- 9Mix well and pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 10Let set in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 11Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 12Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 408.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: