Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
A fun way to use some of your sourdough starter.
Make and share this Sourdough Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare chocolate mixture by placing chocolate in a small pan and adding hot water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add baking soda and mix-- mixture will foam.
- Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add nuts, flour, salt and sourdough starter.
- Mix well and pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Let set in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
Donna, Somehow this review didn't show up so here it is again. This recipe is awesome. I've made it just as it is and I've added cinnamon to the batter. It has become my favorite recipe. Thanks for sharing. Dee K.
This is a very nice cake. Subtle and not too sweet. I do suspect that because I used damp sugar, the texture was very soft. My 13x9 pan is about 2" deep so I had to use a 4x9 loaf pan to bake the excess batter. I will do this cake again but with normal dry sugar and post the results.