Recipe by my3girlz
I got a new grill pan for the stove and was just trying some things out and this turned out great. I actually grilled the chicken up the night before and then stored it in the fridge until the next afternoon. That way too, it gave me time to let the grill pan cool so I could clean it for the pressing of the sandwich. If you are using a grill pan you will need something heavy to place on top to press it, I used a pot that I just placed a heavy bottle of water into for the weight(Okay it looked a bit strange.. so if you have a panini press go right ahead and use it!, if not this does work!)Also this recipe is for one sandwich, but of course you can double or triple it to meet your needs. You can make your own pesto, but to save time I used store bought.
Top Review by cautious_cook
A very simple and delicious combination! I used Montreal Steak seasoning instead (what I had on hand) and substituted ciabatta bread. Would love to try it with sourdough next time. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2.46 ml grill mates Montreal chicken seasoning
- 2 slice sourdough bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 slice fresh mozzarella cheese (1/2 inch thick)
- 14.79 ml pesto sauce
- 14.79 ml butter (to spread on soudough for grilling)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chicken breast to a uniform thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides with the grill seasoning.
- Grease pan with cooking spray.
- Grill up the chicken till cooked through.
- Slice Chicken into 1 inch strips.
- Next get your bread ready, you will need 2 slices (if using uncut loaf cut 2 one-inch slices), Butter both slices on one side. And spread Pesto on one side of one Slice(opposite of the butter of course).
- Cut 2 1/2 inch thick slices off of Fresh Mozzarella ball.
- Now we are ready to layer.
- Start with one slice bread then add chicken strips, mozzarella and the top slice of bread with the pesto on it.
- Press and enjoy!