This recipe makes for a dense, hearty crusty baguette with a gooey cheese filling. I came up with it myself and found it quite yummy. It doesnt use yeast, so it doesnt rise much, but we enjoyed it that way. I hope you do, too! :) Please note: Dry sourdough is used in this recipe, but zaar wont recognise that, so I had to put down starter. Please contact me if you have questions about this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 125 g flour (I used spelt flour)
- 7 1/2 g sourdough starter (dry sourdough powder, not liquid sourdough!)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon honey (heaping)
- 190 ml warm water
- 100 g cheese, cubed (or grated, use a mix of aromatic cheeses)
- 1Mix all dry ingredients (flours, sourdough, baking powder, seeds, salt and oats) in a big bowl. Add honey and enough water to knead everything into a smooth dough. Depending on your climate you might need more or less water.
- 2On a lightly floured surface knead in the cheese cubes or grated cheese until well incorporated (this will take a few minutes).
- 3Shape dough into a baguette loaf and place on a paper-lined baking sheet.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for about 25 minutes or until tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. You might need to cover it after 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- 5Note: If you place an oven-proof bowl filled with water in the oven while baking the bread, the crust will get extra crunchy.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Cheese Baguette
Serving Size: 1 (692 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1746.7
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 3020.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 276.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 67.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: