Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken breast has not been on sale in months, so I made this up as a substitute. I think it is even better than my cajun chicken sandwhiches. Hamburger buns can be used instead of Sourdough bread.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (I use McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices cheese (I use pepperjack)
- Mix the ground beef, cajun seasoning, soy sauce, and garlic powder.
- Divide the mixture, and flatten to form thin patties.
- Cook the patties in a frying pan on medium heat. Don't forget the flip them!
- Sprinkle with salt and extra cajun seasoning just before done.
- Butter the slices of bread.
- Place the bread butter-side down in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook until golden brown (3 minutes).
- Top the patties with cheese and assemble the hamburgers.