Recipe by Donna M.
Fantastic sourdough buns for sandwiches! I posted this recipe in the forums and Akillian made them and posted her picture. Don't they look awesome?
Top Review by akwood01
Fabulous recipe!! The rolls were a hit with my family. Rolled out the scraps, spread with melted butter, sugar, and cinammon, rolled up, sliced, let rise and baked!! YUMMY Cinnamon Rolls!!!
- 4 cups sourdough starter, proofed and active
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups all-purpose flour (up to half of flour could be whole wheat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together all ingredients except flour.
- Add flour, mixing until it comes together enough to be turned out and kneaded.
- Knead until dough is smooth and satiny (this can be done on a mixer or bread machine, if preferred).
- At this point dough may be refrigerated up to 24 hours for a more flavorful bread. Bring dough back to room temperature before contiuing with shaping.
- Let dough rest for 15 or 20 minutes and then roll it out to 1/2" thick.
- Cut with a 4" round cutter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.