Fantastic sourdough buns for sandwiches! I posted this recipe in the forums and Akillian made them and posted her picture. Don't they look awesome?
- Stir together all ingredients except flour.
- Add flour, mixing until it comes together enough to be turned out and kneaded.
- Knead until dough is smooth and satiny (this can be done on a mixer or bread machine, if preferred).
- At this point dough may be refrigerated up to 24 hours for a more flavorful bread. Bring dough back to room temperature before contiuing with shaping.
- Let dough rest for 15 or 20 minutes and then roll it out to 1/2" thick.
- Cut with a 4" round cutter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.