Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These waffles are really flavorful and hearty. Freeze well,too.I prefer light buckwheat flour for this recipe (I purchase it locally but it comes from the Bouchard Family Farm)but you use regular buckwheat flour if you wish.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups light buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well Cook according to your waffle makers instructions Do not overfill the waffle iron.
- Be sure to cook until all the steam escapes from the waffles before peeking.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.
We tried this recipe today. Changed a few things but was a great finished waffle. I added cinnamon and a extra teaspoon of baking powder, substituted spelt for wheat flour.
The batter was very thick but worked great in my belgian waffle maker.
My 4 year old ate 2 waffles (OMG). It made 7 waffles in the waffle maker I used.