1/1 Photo of Sourdough Breakfast Casserole
I needed to use up some sourdough bread that was going stale, so I came up with this winner. I served this with a side of fresh blackberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- 2Add the bread cubes, stir to coat and set aside.
- 3Defrost the sausage links and chop into pieces or small slices.
- 4To the bread and egg mixture, add the vegetables, sausage and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix until everything is combined.
- 5Pour into greased 2 qt covered casserole dish.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove lid and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cheese over the top; return to oven without the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 307.1 mg
- Sodium 799.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 21.3 g