Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I needed to use up some sourdough bread that was going stale, so I came up with this winner. I served this with a side of fresh blackberries.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 slices sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 8 frozen precooked sausage links
- 1 green onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the bread cubes, stir to coat and set aside.
- Defrost the sausage links and chop into pieces or small slices.
- To the bread and egg mixture, add the vegetables, sausage and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix until everything is combined.
- Pour into greased 2 qt covered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cheese over the top; return to oven without the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.