I needed to use up some sourdough bread that was going stale, so I came up with this winner. I served this with a side of fresh blackberries.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the bread cubes, stir to coat and set aside.
- Defrost the sausage links and chop into pieces or small slices.
- To the bread and egg mixture, add the vegetables, sausage and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix until everything is combined.
- Pour into greased 2 qt covered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cheese over the top; return to oven without the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.