Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I decided to make my own Sourdough Recipe with rich Buttermilk, and I have entered this into my personal recipes. I developed this recipe which has worked out well from the 1st loaf, and just seems "fool-proof", and very tasty. Once your Sourdough is the flavor you like best, you can jar it and put it into the refrigerator in 10 ounce portions and use a complete jar each loaf you make in the breadmaker. VERY QUICK and SO EASY!
- 10 ounces sourdough starter
- 4 -6 ounces warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Spray your bread pan with Olive Oil spray and add ingredients in this order:.
- 10 ounces of Sourdough Starter.
- 4-6 ounces (about ½ cup) Warm water (not hot).
- ½ tsp salt.
- 2 TBSP Sugar.
- Once you have all these ingredients in bottom of pan add the flour on top and make a slight hole in the middle to add yeast and cover with flour
- Don’t upset the wet ingredients with flour or yeast.
- 3 ¼ cups BREAD Flour.
- 1 ½ tsp Yeast (I have used BEER yeast in blocks you can get at some grocer’s, this is great too).
- In Bread Maker Machine:.
- Bake as a normal (white) loaf with desired crust color.
- I always check the blending to be certain it is not too wet or too dry – you can adjust with water or bread flour – you can even remove the (lump) from the breadmaker and hand knead for a minute on floured countertop.
- There should be no problem for this dough to rise and cook nicely.
- Lastly, once it’s DONE – be there to remove from pan ASAP. (If it sits the moisture in the breadmaker can deform loaf and make soggy.).