Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This recipe was given to me about 15 years ago. Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers, rye bread cocktail slices or reserved filling of bread that was scooped out earlier.
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off about 1-inch from the top of the loaf and reserve.
- Scoop out the inside of the loaf, leaving a 1-inch shell.
- Place the hollowed shell out in the air to dry for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix cheeses in a double boiler; add crab meat.
- Pour into shell and replace top.
- Wrap completely in foil and bake@325* for 1 hour.