Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me about 15 years ago. Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers, rye bread cocktail slices or reserved filling of bread that was scooped out earlier.
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- Cut off about 1-inch from the top of the loaf and reserve.
- Scoop out the inside of the loaf, leaving a 1-inch shell.
- Place the hollowed shell out in the air to dry for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix cheeses in a double boiler; add crab meat.
- Pour into shell and replace top.
- Wrap completely in foil and bake@325* for 1 hour.