Recipe by Miss Annie
My favorite bran muffin recipe. The muffins are moist and delicious. Sometimes I add raisins. This batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Great muffins, I just made them up, put them in the fridge and bake them as I want them. I will make these often. The only thing I will do different next time is to add a little cinnamon, just becasue I love cinnamon.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups Kellogg's all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the boiling water over the oil and cereal.
- Mix and let cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Store in a covered container in refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, DO NOT STIR, just dip out enough for greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.