Recipe by keen5
There are other beef dip recipes here, but this one is different. It's great for holiday gatherings and parties.
Top Review by Ms B.
As the previous review stated, this is a true keeper. We really like this warm appetizer to balance with our spread of the fresh veggies and cheese and crackers. I have added finely chopped green pepper, too. Men and women love this appetizer.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) package chipped beef, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, 8 inch round
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well all ingredients except bread.
- Slice top off bread round and hollow out carefully, making sure there are no weak places in bread shell.
- Fill bread shell with chipped beef mixture and put top back on the shell.
- Wrap shell in foil and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use soft bread from the interior of the loaf to dip in hot mixture.