Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
There are other beef dip recipes here, but this one is different. It's great for holiday gatherings and parties.
- Mix well all ingredients except bread.
- Slice top off bread round and hollow out carefully, making sure there are no weak places in bread shell.
- Fill bread shell with chipped beef mixture and put top back on the shell.
- Wrap shell in foil and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use soft bread from the interior of the loaf to dip in hot mixture.
As the previous review stated, this is a true keeper. We really like this warm appetizer to balance with our spread of the fresh veggies and cheese and crackers. I have added finely chopped green pepper, too. Men and women love this appetizer.
I have made this recipe for years. It is often a requested recipe at one friend's house. A true keeper.
This is an excellent recipe! The easiest way to reduce the saltiness is to thoroughly rinse and dry the chipped beef before use.