Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
For a puffier pudding, refrigerate several hours or overnight before baking.
Make and share this Sourdough Ambrosia Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups sourdough bread cubes
- 3 cups skim milk or 3 cups low-fat milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped toasted
- cream (optional) or milk (optional)
- Place bread cubes in lightly greased 2-quart casserole. In large bowl beat together milk, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, orange peel, and cinnamon. Pour over bread cubes. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Serve with cream or milk if desired.
- *To toast almonds, place nuts single layer on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.