Recipe by Boomette
All ingredients in this recipe sounds good to me. That's why I'm sharing. Only 20 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of cooking time. Easy! From Ricardo
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
I made this for the Everyday is a Holiday game and served it with a vegetable rice. It is easy and tasty, I definitely added more hot sauce than what was called for, but that's easy to adjust. Thanks for posting Boomette, this is a keeper!
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (more or less, it depends on the heat you want)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, cut in 8 quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Set aside.
- Chicken Stir-Fry: In a large skillet or wok, at high heat, brown chicken in oil. Add salt and pepper. Add onion, pepper and keep cooking about 3 minutes while stirring. Add garlic then the sauce and let simmer slowly until chicken in cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice.