Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
All ingredients in this recipe sounds good to me. That's why I'm sharing. Only 20 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of cooking time. Easy! From Ricardo
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (more or less, it depends on the heat you want)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, cut in 8 quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Sauce: In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Set aside.
- Chicken Stir-Fry: In a large skillet or wok, at high heat, brown chicken in oil. Add salt and pepper. Add onion, pepper and keep cooking about 3 minutes while stirring. Add garlic then the sauce and let simmer slowly until chicken in cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice.
I made this for the Everyday is a Holiday game and served it with a vegetable rice. It is easy and tasty, I definitely added more hot sauce than what was called for, but that's easy to adjust. Thanks for posting Boomette, this is a keeper!
I do love sweet-&-sour & this recipe was a delight to prepare! It made for a light & satisfying meal, & since we have chicken breasts several times a week, I'm happy to add it to our rotation of chicken recipes! Thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]