Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A lovely, Caribbean-inspired marinade. From Epicurious TV.
Make and share this Sour Orange Mojo recipe from Food.com.
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 9.85 ml whole cumin seeds, freshly toasted
- 236.59 ml pure olive oil
- 78.07 ml sour orange juice (you can substitute 1/3 cup combined orange and lime juices)
- 9.85 ml spanish sherry wine vinegar
- freshly toasted and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a mortar mash the raw garlic, Scotch bonnet, salt, and cumin until fairly smooth. Scrape this into a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil until just hot and pour it over the garlic-chili mix, stirring the ingredients. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the sour orange juice and the vinegar. Season with pepper. Refrigerated, this will keep up to 3 months.